So what are the prison codes?
- Mind your own business: See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil. If it doesn't involve you, don't worry about it.
- Keep your mouth shut: If it's not about you personally, you don't know anything.
- Pay back whatever you owe: There is nothing wrong with getting in debt but make sure you can pay.
- Watch the company you keep: If you don't wish to be labeled as a homosexual, don't regularly associate with homosexuals.
- Do not allow yourself to be exploited or taken advantage of: Establish yourself as a respectable person that can be respected.
- Be friendly and sociable: You don't have to be friends with everyone but you don't need to carry an arrogant attitude either.
- Settle in and keep yourself busy: Write, draw, read, do whatever you can to stay active with 'legal' activities.
It is by following these rules that I have survived 12 years without many worries, at least stemming from my fellow convicts.
Direct correspondences can be made to me at:
Daniel Jackson #1182398
Powhatan Correctional Center
State Farm, VA 23160