Tuesday, November 23, 2010

"2084: The Beasts of Orwellian Burden (Entry 5)"

(Note: This lyrical entry is a personal favorite. I hope it moves you in reading as much as it moved me as I was writing it.)

"Cast From the Fields"

Divide!

cast from the fields/ Reckless rulers/ Burn their bodies/ Over dying embers/ In the hollows...

Cast from the fields/ Our brutal masters/ Turn their fascists castles/ Into ashes/ Yeah, into ashes...

Throw your gauntlets down/ My troubled brethren/ Let your growls be heard/ And your claws be felt/ Let your bite sting them/ Let your teeth sink in/ Now they run/ Oh, how they run...

Cast from the fields/ With bloody warnings/ No more beatings/ No more killing/ In the hollows

Cast from the fields/ Cruel deceivers/ Crush their spirits/ Beneath our hooves/ Into the dust

Throw your gauntlets down/ My angry children/ Let your howls be heard/ And your vengeance felt/ Let your bite sting them/ Let your teeth sink in/ Now they run/ Oh, how they run

Cast from the fields/ A new dawn rising/ Let the yokes be broken/ As the barn is burning...

Throw your gauntlets down/ Lovely rebellion/ Let you growls be heard/ Reclaim your places/ Take your fields back/ Yeah, take your fields back...

Unite!

2 comments:

  1. I can't really relate to this one. Too violent sounding for me.

    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah...me too. makes me wonder who or whom this is all happening to?

    ReplyDelete